Jul 5, 2008

Finally Feeling Better

I am 11 weeks and 2 days pregnant and finally, after about 5 weeks of nausea and feeling like my blood sugar was way off wack, feel like I'm almost back to myself (knock on wood).

I have a new found compassion for those women who suffer much longer and with much more severe episodes of nausea when pregnant. I also have a new compassion for those who are ill with chronic pain or those taking medications for things such as cancer that make them ill. I have thought a number of times that if I had to suffer with something chronic I would either become a morophine addict or ask them to take out or cut off whatever was causing me pain...and I am not kidding....

And another thing...how blessed am I that I am able to stay home when not feeling well when so many people have to go to work. And not only am I blessed that I get to stay at home...I'm even more blessed that Caleb has been here to help! Seriously, my kids wouldn't have eaten or gotten their diapers changed as often if he were not here :) See that, one reason the Lord planned this season of unemployment was to help me!

(But Lord.......I'm feeling better now so you can go ahead and send Caleb back to work :)

5 comments:

Jaime said...

You are seriously 11 weeks! Feels like you just found out like last week.

Do you feel left out without me this time? I sure did with Danae. :-)

Erin said...

Yes. I'm not sure I personally know anybody that is pregnant, and due around the same time as me. I know there are lots of pregnant people floating around but none at my stage....

Squires Family said...

Hey Erin! I am due January 20th..I think that is pretty darn close to your date as well?!?

As for nausea...I would take that and feeling like I was out of whack than what I have been going through. I have severe vomitting and nausea. I throw up 3 to 4 times a day...and when I say throw up it is serious vomitting.

I am PRAYING that I start to feel better soon. With Amelia I woke up on week 12 day 2 feeling like a million dollars...so I am hoping the same happens this time around too.

Keep in touch!
Shaina

Erin said...

Hey Shaina :) I've been throwing up as well...at least 2 to 3 times a day. Once I opened the fridge and there was cut up red onions that weren't coverd up well...and wow...that sent me to the bathroom in a hurry.

I didn't have a single problem when pregnant with the girls...so maybe this one is a boy ?? :)

Jennifer said...

A case for vomiting.....

At least your not putting on the pounds right away like I always did. I was really nauseated till somewhere around 18 wks, but didn't vomit; the only thing that would make it go away was carbs---hense I packed on 50 pounds both times--yikes!