Mar 23, 2008

Being Tested Again

Well, once again the Siedlecki family is feeling the effects of the down housing market. The company that Caleb worked his butt of for for the past 13 months has no more work coming up soon enough to keep him on payroll, so he was let go on Friday.

It really is a bittersweet thing that has happened. I am so very glad he is not going to work for these people anymore...and I feel bad for anyone who still does and will in the future, but it is also worrisome wondering what we should do next, how quickly a new job will come along, what will it be doing, and how will we pay our bills.

Of course there is the assurance that God knows our situation and he will take care of things, although I wish he would just tell me (in an audible voice) :) why this has to keep happening to us.......

The plan is to start looking for work as an Estimator. That is what Caleb did for the first 8 or so months while at this last company.

Caleb did gain a ton of experience building a 55 million dollar project, which will help him tremendously in his job search.

We would cherish any and all prayers for our family...

2 comments:

Medana22 said...

Oh Erin,
My heart is full of sorrow for you guys. I am so sorry that you are living out this situation...from Psalm 85 "Steadfast love and faithfulness meet; righteousness and peace kiss each other.
Faithfulness springs up from the ground, and righteousness looks down from the sky. Yes, the Lord will give what is good,
and our land will yield its increase.
Righteousness will go before him
and make his footsteps a way."
My prayer is that you would see God's Steadfast love and faithfulness meet you and Caleb, that peace would overwhelm you, that Christ would show you His faithfulness and it would spring forth all around you as if a thousand flowers were to bloom at your feet.I know that God will give what is good for you May Caleb's steps be marked out clearly before him and I will continue to pray that all needs are met in a way that would call glory to His name.

Medana22 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.