Jul 12, 2007

HVAC and Doors

Good News! I'm glad to announce that HVAC work has finally begun! The equipment was just dropped off within the hour, and the workers are just finishing up lunch and said they are going to start installing today. I am SOOOO excited. It is hard to sit and watch days go by without anyone out here doing anything.

I'm feeling an extra burden or urgency or whatever you want to call it because I'm worried we won't finish the job by mid October, when the septic permit expires. If we don't have the septic in and inspected by then...we will have to re permit...YIKES! We already had to pay to reinstate our actual building permit, and we had to pay to reinstate our construction loan agreement. That wasn't fun...so I'm really hoping we won't have to do the same with septic.

Oh...the electrician did start his thing on Monday but he can only do so much without the HVAC being done.....Next thing is to decided who's gonna do our drywall I think...and Caleb just yesterday finished up ordering our windows and doors. I thought they had been ordered a long time ago, but I guess he was having pricing issues and had kept going back and forth with the company until we finally had it all squared away. We are actually getting a REALLY cool front door. Here is a picture. It's a fiberglass door made to look like wood...so it is actually affordable :) The picture is obviously a single door...ours will be a double door. I have no idea what the doors in the rest of the house look like :) I think they will just be standard white doors but they will have the rounded or arched design to them.

No comments: