Let's see...it is somewhere around 11 p.m. I believe. The kids have been asleep for quite some time now, and I'm enjoying the peace and quite as I sit here alone. "Alone" you say? "Well, where's Caleb" you ask? Why, he's outside working on covering the slab of course!
Yes...I am serious. Poor guy. He has been busy all day mowing the lawn, cleaning the yard and trying to organize his tool sheds so he would know where to find what when he needed it during this whole construction process. Having taken all day to do that, he never got around to what really needed to be done, which was cover the slab so as to protect it from getting ruined by all the trades that will be coming and going. For those wondering why in the world we care if it is protected...here is the reason -- We are not going to be covering the floors with any type of flooring in most of the house. We are just going to do what is called "acid stain" the concrete. It's a really cool thing that is just now getting popular...it looks awesome, keeps your house cooler, is great if you have allergies and is super cheap to do! The only drawback I can come up with so far is that my kids might crack their heads open on it...but hey...my kids could crack their head open on a lot of things...I'm not afraid :) We are trying to make sure the trades don't carelessly mess up the concrete so it's getting covered up with Tyvek...
Anyways, Caleb grossly underestimated the time it would take to pull this task off so I'm really not sure how long he will be out there working. I spoke to him about 20 minutes ago and he said he was "almost half done"! YIKES!
No comments:
Post a Comment